Community Physical Health Services

community nurse.PNGWe provide physical health services across much of Hampshire – both in the community and in our inpatient services. We have a number of care pathways, based on different conditions (such as physiotherapy or respiratory) which we use to provide very tailored treatment for our service users.

Our teams are made up nurses, therapists, practitioners, assistants and support workers who work together to provide care and treatment in your home and local community. The teams are led by a community matron.

We carry out an assessment of your rehabilitation and care needs and then develop an individual treatment plan. We will regularly review this plan for your individual needs. Sometimes we will need to make a referral or consult with another specialist service, such as social services or a community mental health team.

Some of the things we typically help with include:

  • supporting you to return home after a hospital admission
  • helping you live as well as possible if you have a long term illness
  • helping you with your walking or balance
  • providing you with equipment that makes your daily activities easier
  • provide care and treatments for pressure wounds
  • support you in using a catheter
  • to reduce the risk of you falling at home.

Contacting us
The team supporting you will share individual details, including how to contact them. If you loose these details you can contact your GP surgery who will be able to provide the details of the specific team supporting you. 

Accessing the service

Our services are for adults with a range of health issues, from illness or injury to longer term conditions. We help patients who have been discharged from hospital, need longer term rehabilitation, or are housebound. 

Contact your GP or health professional to discuss any of the services we have based in the community.  They can make a referral to the correct service if needed.   

Contact information

For Integrated Care Teams please telephone: 0300 121 0471

For other community services, please see their individual service webpage. 

Out of hours

For urgent help please call 111. If it is an emergency, please call 999

Accessibility tools

Return to header