Welcome to the News and Views hub. Here you will find the latest news from across Southern Health, links to our social media and blogs from our staff on key health related topics.
To find out more or to contact the Communications Team please e-mail us.
Please note we are available for enquiries from journalists and members of the media from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Twitter - @Southern_NHSFT
- Facebook - @SouthernHealthNHS
- Instagram - @southernhealth_nhsft
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/southern-health-nhs-foundation-trust
- Medium - https://communications-76797.medium.com/
- Success of the Individual Placement and Support service, by Paul Draycott
- Blurring boundaries between 'health' and 'housing' by Jon Pritchard
- Proud to be an Ally by Paul Draycott
- The Magic of Eid ul Fitr by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- COVID-19 – a year in the role of IPC by Jacky Hunt IPC lead nurse
- The spirit of Ramadan by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- Our response to the Government report on race and ethnic disparity by Paul Draycott
- International Women’s Day - leading by example
- COVID-19 vaccine – our responsibility as NHS workers by Dr Karl Marlowe
If you would like to contact the Media and Communications Team please email: email@example.com
Our inbox is constantly monitored during working hours (9am – 5pm weekdays) and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If you need to contact the team out of hours you can call: 07017029238
Please note: This number is only for use, between the hours of 5pm and 9am.
We ask that Journalists and members of the media contact the Media Team in the first instance and do not approach our front line staff directly.
If you would like to film or take photos of one of our services or sites, please speak to the team first. This is to protect the privacy of our patients and staff.
Mental health reporting
Journalists looking for information on the most appropriate ways of reporting emotional crises or mental health issues - including suicide - may like to refer to the guidelines by the Samaritans which are supported by most media organisations and professional bodies.
Nominations to become a Public Governor of Southern Health are now open!
Make a difference to healthcare in your area, become a Southern Health Governor! Find out more on this page...nominations open until 8 February 2023
Hampshire and Isle of Wight system makes urgent plea to communities amid significant pressures
A joint release from partners within the HIOW system amid significant pressures
Children and Family Services nurses gather hundreds of Christmas goodies for local families
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust health visitors and community nursery nurses in Rushmoor rallied together to encourage Christmas donations for vulnerable families.
The north Hampshire-based nurses started a social media campaign for a special collection after health visitor Rebecca Lobb dropped off her fortnightly food and hygiene products to the Community Grub Hub, located just outside NHS offices in Aldershot.
New NHS gambling service launches to to support local people affected by harmful gambling
A brand-new specialist gambling service in Southampton is being launched by Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust to offer treatment and support for people affected by harmful gambling.