“Embed a culture in the organisation that enables every patient, carer and clinician the opportunity to participate in research”
Improving healthcare for the benefit of patients is at the heart of everything we do. Patients within the Trust have some of the best access and opportunities for new therapies and technologies. The Research and Innovation team work hard to provide such clinical research to develop new treatments and knowledge for better health care, building the evidence for new approaches that are safe and effective.
We are a University Hospital Trust. This means we commit significant resources and investment in research and have a keen focus on the educational development and training of our current and future workforces.
The links below will take you through our latest studies as well as how to get involved with research, both as a participant in studies and as a healthcare professional wishing to learn more about running one.
View the latest clips on Research and Public Health and Social Care
- Your path in social care research - video interview with Prof Lee-Ann Fenge: https://youtu.be/FVgx9r_sdpw
- Creating pathways for research in a local authority - https://youtu.be/49KlnegceWM
- Pathways for research within public health - https://youtu.be/orvljeFJmnc
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust (SHFT) is committed to improving communication with research participants in a manner which supports their continued involvement.
The Trust supports the use of email to enhance communication but has a duty to inform participants of the conditions of email communication and the risks. These are clearly documented in the 'Email Communication for Research - Information sheet'.
If you have any questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All our performance reports can now be found on the National Institute for Health Research's (NIHR) clinical trial performance platform. You can view them by following this link to the platform.
- http://wessexhealthlines.nhs.uk/; The Wessex ResearchLine is an online search tool designed to help users easily identify and contact clinical research studies that are running in the Wessex area.
- https://www.joindementiaresearch.nihr.ac.uk/; register your interest in participating in dementia research.