About the service
We provide a wide range of community-based mental health services for people who need ongoing support for their mental health issues. Tailored to individuals, we use psychological interventions, group and one-to-one therapy and social and emotional support, as well as medication options.
With all ‘functional’ mental illnesses, we focus on a person’s recovery from illness, rather than just their treatment. Functional mental illnesses have a predominantly psychological cause and includes conditions such as depression, schizophrenia, mood disorders and anxiety.
We also help older people with ‘organic’ mental illnesses, usually caused by a disease affecting the brain, such as Alzheimer’s. We provide community-based health care and support people to live as independently as possible by giving advice and signposting them to social support agencies. We can also refer to other teams, such as our specialist memory service which runs Memory Matters courses.
Accessing the service
If you feel that you need support from any of our services, speak to your GP to request a referral. Your local Community Mental Health Team will then do a thorough assessment with you to make sure you’re signposted to the right services. Together with you, we will create a care plan to support you in the best way possible.
- Andover: 01264 358180
- Bordon & Petersfield: 023 8231 0200
- Eastleigh: 023 8061 5729
- Eastleigh Southern Parishes: 0300 3034100
- Fareham & Gosport: 023 9251 1377
- Havant & Waterlooville: 023 9268 3500
- New Forest East (Totton): 023 8086 8886
- New Forest West (New Milton): 01425 622922
- North Hampshire: 01256 316300
- Romsey: 01794 830323
- Southampton (Central): 023 8231 0726
- Southampton (East): 0238 2310 982
- Southampton (West): 023 8087 8040
- Winchester: 01962 8003