Welcome to the News and Views hub. Here you will find the latest news from across Southern Health, links to our social media and blogs from our staff on key health related topics.
To find out more or to contact the Communications Team please e-mail us.
Please note we are available for enquiries from journalists and members of the media from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Twitter - @Southern_NHSFT
- Facebook - @SouthernHealthNHS
- Instagram - @southernhealth_nhsft
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/southern-health-nhs-foundation-trust
- Medium - https://communications-76797.medium.com/
Southern Health Podcasts
- Unashamedly You — The Importance of Pride Month at Southern Health by Dr Satnam Sagoo
- What are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day? by The Chaplaincy
- Success of the Individual Placement and Support service, by Paul Draycott
- Blurring boundaries between 'health' and 'housing' by Jon Pritchard
- Proud to be an Ally by Paul Draycott
- The Magic of Eid ul Fitr by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- COVID-19 – a year in the role of IPC by Jacky Hunt IPC lead nurse
- The spirit of Ramadan by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- Our response to the Government report on race and ethnic disparity by Paul Draycott
- International Women’s Day - leading by example
- COVID-19 vaccine – our responsibility as NHS workers by Dr Karl Marlowe
If you would like to contact the Media and Communications Team please email: email@example.com
Our inbox is constantly monitored during working hours (9am – 5pm weekdays) and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If you need to contact the team out of hours you can call: 07017029238
Please note: This number is only for use, between the hours of 5pm and 9am.
We ask that Journalists and members of the media contact the Media Team in the first instance and do not approach our front line staff directly.
If you would like to film or take photos of one of our services or sites, please speak to the team first. This is to protect the privacy of our patients and staff.
Mental health reporting
Journalists looking for information on the most appropriate ways of reporting emotional crises or mental health issues - including suicide - may like to refer to the guidelines by the Samaritans which are supported by most media organisations and professional bodies.
List of Pages
Hampshire nurse up for prestigious UK award for tackling potentially fatal infection in people with learning disabilities1 August 2023
A nurse who identified a group of people with a learning disability with a potentially fatal infection has been shortlisted for one of the profession’s top accolades.
Young people get the Prom experience despite mental health challenges12 July 2023
For many teenagers, Prom represents an important milestone in their young lives. However, young people who experience severe mental health problems often miss out on these significant events due to their challenges. Following the completion of their GCSEs, young people at Austen House were able to celebrate their Prom.
Southern Health celebrates local NHS with annual Star Awards10 July 2023
Southern Health has announced the 12 winners of its annual Star Awards during the NHS 75th birthday week. Held at the Winchester Guildhall last Friday, the awards recognise NHS teams and individuals who have gone above and beyond in their care for patients.
NHS gambling service expands to offer support to people living in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and West Berkshire3 July 2023
As of 3 July, people living in Oxfordshire, Buckinghamshire and West Berkshire who are affected by harmful gambling, will be able to refer to the NHS Southern Gambling Service, a specialist gambling service, for support and treatment.
Local NHS workers recognised for outstanding patient care26 June 2023
Ben Holt and Gena Lundqvist- two healthcare support workers from local NHS Trust, Southern Health - have been awarded a coveted national ‘Chief Nursing Officer Award’ for healthcare support workers.