Welcome to the News and Views hub. Here you will find the latest news from across Southern Health, links to our social media and blogs from our staff on key health related topics.
To find out more or to contact the Communications Team please e-mail us.
Please note we are available for enquiries from journalists and members of the media from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Twitter - @Southern_NHSFT
- Facebook - @SouthernHealthNHS
- Instagram - @southernhealth_nhsft
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/southern-health-nhs-foundation-trust
- Medium - https://communications-76797.medium.com/
Southern Health Podcasts
- Unashamedly You — The Importance of Pride Month at Southern Health by Dr Satnam Sagoo
- What are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day? by The Chaplaincy
- Success of the Individual Placement and Support service, by Paul Draycott
- Blurring boundaries between 'health' and 'housing' by Jon Pritchard
- Proud to be an Ally by Paul Draycott
- The Magic of Eid ul Fitr by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- COVID-19 – a year in the role of IPC by Jacky Hunt IPC lead nurse
- The spirit of Ramadan by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- Our response to the Government report on race and ethnic disparity by Paul Draycott
- International Women’s Day - leading by example
- COVID-19 vaccine – our responsibility as NHS workers by Dr Karl Marlowe
If you would like to contact the Media and Communications Team please email: email@example.com
Our inbox is constantly monitored during working hours (9am – 5pm weekdays) and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If you need to contact the team out of hours you can call: 07017029238
Please note: This number is only for use, between the hours of 5pm and 9am.
We ask that Journalists and members of the media contact the Media Team in the first instance and do not approach our front line staff directly.
If you would like to film or take photos of one of our services or sites, please speak to the team first. This is to protect the privacy of our patients and staff.
Mental health reporting
Journalists looking for information on the most appropriate ways of reporting emotional crises or mental health issues - including suicide - may like to refer to the guidelines by the Samaritans which are supported by most media organisations and professional bodies.
List of Pages
Local mental health services partners with Shout10 May 2022
Hampshire and the Isle of Wight’s NHS 111 mental health triage team, run by Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust, have partnered with Shout to provide in the moment mental health support to those in the local community. The partnership has been funded by the Hampshire and Isle of Wight CCG.
Students create films to celebrate Mental Health Awareness Week28 April 2022
Second year TV production students from Solent University, Southampton have been working with NHS staff and patients from Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust to deliver a set of videos focussing on raising awareness of mental health in time for Mental Health Awareness Week (9-15 May).
National Administrative Professionals day 27 April 2022!!28 April 2022
Marking the occasion yesterday, we celebrated our admin and clerical heroes across the Trust and thanked them for the fantastic work they do. Throughout the day, staff nominated their admin heroes and this was posted on our internal facebook page. The day was a huge success with many of our departments telling us why their admin staff are important to them.
Urgent plea to public in Hampshire and Isle of Wight amid "perfect storm" of NHS pressures and rocketing rates of COVID-197 April 2022
Health leaders today issue an urgent plea to communities amid a “perfect storm” of rising pressure on services and rocketing COVID-19 rates.
Local NHS worker wins bronze for Exceptional NHS Operational Support Worker of the Year1 April 2022
An NHS worker from the New Forest has won the Skills for Health Bronze award for Exceptional NHS Operational Support Worker of the Year.
New gambling treatment service coming to Southampton16 March 2022
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust are setting up a new specialist service providing evidence-based treatment to people with problem gambling.
People with learning disabilities offered extra support to receive vital covid-19 vaccines23 February 2022
NHS Staff at Southern Health have been working with colleagues across the wider health and social care system across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight to help people with learning disabilities to ensure they get support to receive their covid vaccinations.