Welcome to the News and Views hub. Here you will find the latest news from across Southern Health, links to our social media and blogs from our staff on key health related topics.
To find out more or to contact the Communications Team please e-mail us.
Please note we are available for enquiries from journalists and members of the media from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Twitter - @Southern_NHSFT
- Facebook - @SouthernHealthNHS
- Instagram - @southernhealth_nhsft
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/southern-health-nhs-foundation-trust
- Medium - https://communications-76797.medium.com/
Southern Health Podcasts
- Unashamedly You — The Importance of Pride Month at Southern Health by Dr Satnam Sagoo
- What are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day? by The Chaplaincy
- Success of the Individual Placement and Support service, by Paul Draycott
- Blurring boundaries between 'health' and 'housing' by Jon Pritchard
- Proud to be an Ally by Paul Draycott
- The Magic of Eid ul Fitr by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- COVID-19 – a year in the role of IPC by Jacky Hunt IPC lead nurse
- The spirit of Ramadan by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- Our response to the Government report on race and ethnic disparity by Paul Draycott
- International Women’s Day - leading by example
- COVID-19 vaccine – our responsibility as NHS workers by Dr Karl Marlowe
If you would like to contact the Media and Communications Team please email: email@example.com
Our inbox is constantly monitored during working hours (9am – 5pm weekdays) and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If you need to contact the team out of hours you can call: 07017029238
Please note: This number is only for use, between the hours of 5pm and 9am.
We ask that Journalists and members of the media contact the Media Team in the first instance and do not approach our front line staff directly.
If you would like to film or take photos of one of our services or sites, please speak to the team first. This is to protect the privacy of our patients and staff.
Mental health reporting
Journalists looking for information on the most appropriate ways of reporting emotional crises or mental health issues - including suicide - may like to refer to the guidelines by the Samaritans which are supported by most media organisations and professional bodies.
List of Pages
Lights, camera, action - students work with local NHS to create compelling films addressing mental health issues15 May 2023
Second year TV production students from Solent University, Southampton have been working with NHS staff and patients from Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust to deliver a set of videos focussing on raising awareness of mental health in time for Mental Health Awareness Week (15-21 May).
Let’s talk about anxiety…11 May 2023
It’s Mental Health Awareness Week (15-21 May) and this year’s theme is anxiety. To raise awareness of the week, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust have launched a new podcast aimed at helping people manage their anxiety and encourage people to talk about their experiences.
Local NHS doctor retires after 40-year award-winning career2 May 2023
A highly respected and long-serving consultant at local NHS Trust, Southern Health, is retiring after more than four decades’ service within the NHS – and NHS colleagues were determined to mark the milestone occasion!
Maternal Mental Health1 May 2023
We are celebrating Maternal Mental Health Week by raising awareness of maternal mental health, encouraging open conversations, and sharing recovery stories from lived experience peer support workers. Let’s get talking about our struggles, our joys, our worries and our fear, because we are #StrongerTogether.
Psychiatrist warns of the dangers of perfectionism for Stress Awareness Month19 April 2023
Dr Jez Rowland, Deputy Chief Medical Officer at Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust, is using Stress Awareness Month to warn people of the dangers of perfectionism.
Dr Rowland, a consultant psychiatrist, is well aware of the obsession with perfection within the healthcare industry. But perfectionism and an unhealthy obsession with it can surface anywhere.
Nominations to become a Public Governor of Southern Health are now open!5 April 2023
Make a difference to healthcare in your area, become a Southern Health Governor! Find out more on this page...nominations open until 8 February 2023