Welcome to the News and Views hub. Here you will find the latest news from across Southern Health, links to our social media and blogs from our staff on key health related topics.
To find out more or to contact the Communications Team please e-mail us.
Please note we are available for enquiries from journalists and members of the media from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Twitter - @Southern_NHSFT
- Facebook - @SouthernHealthNHS
- Instagram - @southernhealth_nhsft
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/southern-health-nhs-foundation-trust
- Medium - https://communications-76797.medium.com/
Southern Health Podcasts
- Unashamedly You — The Importance of Pride Month at Southern Health by Dr Satnam Sagoo
- What are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day? by The Chaplaincy
- Success of the Individual Placement and Support service, by Paul Draycott
- Blurring boundaries between 'health' and 'housing' by Jon Pritchard
- Proud to be an Ally by Paul Draycott
- The Magic of Eid ul Fitr by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- COVID-19 – a year in the role of IPC by Jacky Hunt IPC lead nurse
- The spirit of Ramadan by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- Our response to the Government report on race and ethnic disparity by Paul Draycott
- International Women’s Day - leading by example
- COVID-19 vaccine – our responsibility as NHS workers by Dr Karl Marlowe
If you would like to contact the Media and Communications Team please email: email@example.com
Our inbox is constantly monitored during working hours (9am – 5pm weekdays) and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If you need to contact the team out of hours you can call: 07017029238
Please note: This number is only for use, between the hours of 5pm and 9am.
We ask that Journalists and members of the media contact the Media Team in the first instance and do not approach our front line staff directly.
If you would like to film or take photos of one of our services or sites, please speak to the team first. This is to protect the privacy of our patients and staff.
Mental health reporting
Journalists looking for information on the most appropriate ways of reporting emotional crises or mental health issues - including suicide - may like to refer to the guidelines by the Samaritans which are supported by most media organisations and professional bodies.
List of Pages
Proposals to change older people’s mental health services in Southampton: A message from Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust3 October 2023
Details about our plans for Beaulieu Ward at the Western Community Hospital, Southampton
Strikes: An open message to the residents of Hampshire and the Isle of Wight18 September 2023
This news story features an open letter from the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Integrated Care System ahead of the consultant strikes in September.
Local NHS workers recognised for outstanding patient care in community mental health and falls prevention.13 September 2023
Local NHS healthcare workers, from Gosport and Basingstoke have been awarded a coveted national ‘Chief Nursing Officer Award’ for healthcare support workers.
Find out more about your local NHS Trust at Southern Health’s Annual Members’ Meeting7 September 2023
Residents across Hampshire are invited to join Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust’s Annual Members Meeting on Tuesday 19 September 6pm – 8pm. All are welcome to attend.
Suicide Prevention: Do you know where to go for help?1 September 2023
This year World Suicide Prevention Day is on Sunday 10 September and we will be sharing videos of people with lived experience and publicising our Life Cards throughout September. One of our key aims focuses on sharing vital information regarding suicide prevention so people know where to go for help if they, or someone they know, is feeling suicidal.