The Strategic Health Facilitators work with GP surgeries to ensure:
- There is a Learning Disability Champion in each practice,
- The surgery is person centred,
- Reasonable adjustments are offered as appropriate,
- Good quality Learning Disability Annual Health Checks are offered,
- And service users have a Health Check Action Plan in place after their Annual Health Check.
Once a surgery or PCN has been signed off as Learning Disability Friendly, we are able to award them a certificate, a Learning Disability Friendly Logo to advertise on their website and in the practice, as well as access to our Champion’s Network.
Which surgeries in Hampshire are Learning Disability Friendly?
If you would like to become a Learning Disability Friendly GP Practice or PCN, please review the following documentation:
2. An Action Plan
If you are an existing Learning Disabilities Friendly Practice in Hampshire, please fill out this yearly self-assessment to maintain your accreditation.
Please contact your local Strategic Health Facilitator if you would be interested in becoming Learning Disability Friendly GP Practice or PCN.
Additional resources you can use (but you are not limited to) are:
Letter A- We are becoming a Learning Disability Friendly GP Practice/ PCN (easy read)
Letter B- We are Learning Disability Friendly GP Practice/ PCN (easy read)
Document C- Feedback form (easy read)