Staff now have a great deal more time on the ward. Time being used for things such as games with patients, quality conversation, able to attend to patient requests quickly, eg - escorted leave.
"It feels like we have more time to care and not as intrusive."
Culture - staff's belief that they are able to deliver the purpose of Kingsley
"The ward now feels like a friendly place - really don't want to go back to the old system"
New ward round - patients seen weekly in ward rounds, patients feel included in their care, scheduled slots allow for other supports to join.
"Very impressed with new ward round. More inclusive better planning for patients and families."
Observations - a new approach
- No half-hourly observations
- Patients meet with their named nurse each shift.
- Headcount 3 x daily
- Continue hourly night-time observations
More meaningful 1-2-1 time.
New signing out process
- more streamlined
- reduced duplication
- reduces patient frustration
- staff freed up to help with things such as escorted leave.