We are under real pressure, in your local NHS due to COVID 19 virus spreading more quickly and more staff becoming infected.
We remain here for you but we also need you to help us, so please avoid social gatherings this New Year.
You can help your local NHS by following the Hands, Face, Space rules:
- Hands – wash your hands regularly and for at least 20 seconds
- Face – wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet
- Space – stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings)
Don’t forget there are a range of NHS services here to support you if you are unwell :
- If you need urgent medical help, call 111 first, who can also book you in to be seen at your local A&E, urgent treatment centre or minor injuries unit.
- Visit www.111.nhs.uk
Contact your GP practice for advice – check their website for their opening times and out of hours services.
- Your local community pharmacy may also be able to help.
Finally, please remember, if it’s a life threatening emergency, please call 999 immediately.
Thank you for all of your support during 2020.
And thank you to all of our staff working to make a difference.