Welcome to the News and Views hub. Here you will find the latest news from across Southern Health, links to our social media and blogs from our staff on key health related topics.
To find out more or to contact the Communications Team please e-mail us.
Please note we are available for enquiries from journalists and members of the media from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Twitter - @Southern_NHSFT
- Facebook - @SouthernHealthNHS
- Instagram - @southernhealth_nhsft
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/southern-health-nhs-foundation-trust
- Medium - https://communications-76797.medium.com/
Southern Health Podcasts
- Unashamedly You — The Importance of Pride Month at Southern Health by Dr Satnam Sagoo
- What are your thoughts on Valentine’s Day? by The Chaplaincy
- Success of the Individual Placement and Support service, by Paul Draycott
- Blurring boundaries between 'health' and 'housing' by Jon Pritchard
- Proud to be an Ally by Paul Draycott
- The Magic of Eid ul Fitr by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- COVID-19 – a year in the role of IPC by Jacky Hunt IPC lead nurse
- The spirit of Ramadan by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- Our response to the Government report on race and ethnic disparity by Paul Draycott
- International Women’s Day - leading by example
- COVID-19 vaccine – our responsibility as NHS workers by Dr Karl Marlowe
If you would like to contact the Media and Communications Team please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our inbox is constantly monitored during working hours (9am – 5pm weekdays) and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If you need to contact the team out of hours you can call: 07017029238
Please note: This number is only for use, between the hours of 5pm and 9am.
We ask that Journalists and members of the media contact the Media Team in the first instance and do not approach our front line staff directly.
If you would like to film or take photos of one of our services or sites, please speak to the team first. This is to protect the privacy of our patients and staff.
Mental health reporting
Journalists looking for information on the most appropriate ways of reporting emotional crises or mental health issues - including suicide - may like to refer to the guidelines by the Samaritans which are supported by most media organisations and professional bodies.
List of Pages
Black History Month3 October 2022
October is national Black History Month, each year the Trust uses this month to celebrate achievements from people with ethnic minority backgrounds and importantly help raise awareness of inequalities some communities may face. This year we have chosen to focus on the theme of Health and Wellness.
NHS Admin Coordinator puts role ‘on ice’ to represent team GB30 September 2022
HS Admin Coordinator for Winchester and Rural Health Visiting team represented Great Britain (GB) in the World Para Ice Hockey Women’s World Challenge.
UK’s First Exemplary Quality Mark awarded to Southampton City Council’s Individual Placement and Support Service27 September 2022
The Southampton Individual Placement and Support Service (IPS) has become the first IPS team in the country to be awarded an “Exemplary” IPS quality mark, following an external review.
‘Better together’ - residents invited to join local NHS Trust at annual meeting7 September 2022
Residents across Hampshire are invited to join Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust, at its Annual Members Meeting on Tuesday 20 September 6pm – 8pm.
Hugh Bonneville celebrates Petersfield’s Urgent Treatment Centre one-year anniversary and official opening with staff26 August 2022
The service originally opened in 2021 but staff were unable to host an official opening due to the COVID-19 pandemic and so the celebrations also marked the official opening of the UTC.
NHS south east regional director thanks staff as longest waits now reduced9 August 2022
NHS staff across the South East of England have now reduced the longest waits for scans, checks, surgical procedures and other routine treatment below two years -the first milestone in the most ambitious catch-up plan in health service history.