Psychosis is a condition that affects your mind and can change the way you think, feel and behave. It can be difficult for you to distinguish between reality and your imagination and is most common in adolescence and early adulthood.
What we do
We help assess, treat and support people (between the ages of 14-65 years old*) who may be experiencing their first episode of psychosis. We do this in the community – either in or near your home.
We can help by:
- Educating you, your friends and family about psychosis
- Creating plans to help you through a crisis
- Working with your family or guardians
- One-to-one support
- Providing access to psychological therapies
- Supporting you with your physical health
- Supporting you in your education or employment
- Helping you to continue with your everyday life.
We normally work with you for up to three years.
Individual Placement and Support
We have also partnered with Solent Mind to offer a new Individual Placement and Support (IPS) service to our patients. Click here to find out more. (This is separate to Southern Health's other IPS service, in partnership with Southampton CIty Council, details here).
Accessing the service
You can refer yourself to this service - you don't have to go through your GP – just contact your local team (their numbers are on the right of this page). The team will carry out an assessment and then treatment and support will be tailored to your individual needs.
- Mid and North EIP Team (Andover, Winchester, Basingstoke, Hook, Alton): 01256 316326
- South EIP Team (Southampton): 02380 878040 or 07775 535109
- East EIP Team (Havant, Hayling Island, Waterlooville, Bordon, Petersfield, Fareham, Gosport): 02382 311880
- South West EIP Team (Eastleigh Southern Parishes, Romsey, Totton, New Forest): 02380 874459
(*Please note, our Southampton team currently works with people aged 14-35yrs only).
If you’ve been diagnosed with psychosis, you are definitely not alone. There are teams of specialists ready to help.
Hear the stories of people who’ve been treated by an EIP team - from the first symptom to starting treatment and moving onto a brighter future.
Access to Individual Placement Support - we work in partnership with Solent Mind to provide a personalised service to
- EPIC MINDS website (wealth of information on psychosis)
- Choice and Medication (information on psychosis)
- Rethink (what is psychosis?)
- www.youngminds.org.uk (information for young people)
- www.time4recovery.com (South Region EIP programme)
- Psychosis is nothing like a badger!