"So many people don’t know about this service or are reluctant to use it. It has changed my life. Thank you!"

The Continence Service are a team of nurses and advisors who can offer support, assessments, treatment and advice to individuals over 18 years of age who have bladder and or bowel problems. This is dependent on the GP surgery you are registered with.

The Continence Service can also provide advice, education and support to other members of the healthcare profession throughout Southern Health as well as support to carers and families.

Accessing the service

You can self refer yourself to the team for help and support. Please download the continence referral form and return to us as soon as possible. You can also:

We see individuals via video appointment, telephone appointment, in clinics or at home.(Please be aware we do not cover Portsmouth or Southampton City). 

Referral Criteria 

The service will accept any patient who is 18 years and over with bladder and bowel problems as well as pupils who attend Treloars (and registered to Farnham Dene Medical Practice). However, the team are unfortunately unable to support those who are undergoing catheterisation and bowel preparations (such as suppositories or enemas).

Patients who require a clinic appointment under the Solent Bladder & Bowel Service - should continue to be referred to Community Bladder & Bowel Service, please visit the service webpage for their contact details. 

Further information

New provider of incontinence products: we have recently changed provider of our incontinence products - more information on this is available to download here

Please note: This does not include those patients who are supplied by Solent Bladder and Bowel Service.

Access to continence products - If you are currently receiving continence products and have a question or  would like to speak to someone around changing your products please call our Basingstoke hub on 02382 311690 and select option 4. 

Please note, if continence pads are required for patients who are receiving palliative care or being supported by our end of life team, please fill out our EOL request for incontinence product form and send to If you do not have access to an EOL request for incontinence product form, then please contact your Intergrated Care Team or Community Care Team.

Follow us on Twitter - @ContinenceSHFT

Follow us on Facebook - Continence Shft


Accessibility tools

Return to header