Welcome to the News and Views hub. Here you will find the latest news from across Southern Health, links to our social media and blogs from our staff on key health related topics.
To find out more or to contact the Communications Team please call us on 023 8087 4666 or e-mail us.
Please note we are available for enquiries from journalists and members of the media from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Twitter - @Southern_NHSFT
- Facebook - @SouthernHealthNHS
- Instagram - @southernhealth_nhsft
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/southern-health-nhs-foundation-trust
- Medium - https://communications-76797.medium.com/
- Blurring boundaries between 'health' and 'housing' by Jon Pritchard
- Proud to be an Ally by Paul Draycott
- The Magic of Eid ul Fitr by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- COVID-19 – a year in the role of IPC by Jacky Hunt IPC lead nurse
- The spirit of Ramadan by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- Our response to the Government report on race and ethnic disparity by Paul Draycott
- International Women’s Day - leading by example
- COVID-19 vaccine – our responsibility as NHS workers by Dr Karl Marlowe
We are currently home working, please email us with your contact number if you would like us to call you. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org The email inbox is checked regularly during our opening hours. We will respond to you as quickly as possible
We ask that Journalists and members of the media contact the Media Team in the first instance and do not approach our front line staff directly.
If you would like to film or take photos of one of our services or sites, please speak to the team first. This is to protect the privacy of our patients and staff.
Mental health reporting
Journalists looking for information on the most appropriate ways of reporting emotional crises or mental health issues - including suicide - may like to refer to the guidelines by the Samaritans which are supported by most media organisations and professional bodies.
NHS worker nominated for Health Heroes Award for going the extra mile to help the elderly during the pandemic
An NHS worker from the New Forest has been nominated for a Skills for Health award.
Julie Kemp, a medical secretary working for Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust, has been nominated in the category “Our Health Heroes Awards 2022” in recognition of her work going above and beyond throughout the pandemic.
Stalking project features in forthcoming BBC1 Stacey Dooley Documentary
Southern Health’s Multi-Agency Stalking Project is set to feature in a new two-part documentary airing on 19 and 26 January and starring TV personality, Stacey Dooley.