Are you aged between 12 and 21 and living, or studying in Hampshire and the New Forest? Do you want to improve health and wellbeing services for young people locally?
Applications for our Youth Board are open until 1 November. If you are interested you can submit an application online.
The youth board was set with help from our partners Unloc as a way for young people in Hampshire to share their thoughts and experiences on key issues with the Trust. The Youth Board offers help and guidance to the Trust by:
- sharing ideas
- helping design online mental health and wellbeing events that we share with schools and colleges and universities across Hampshire in 2021
- supporting the design of 'Careers in the NHS' talks, including sharing what you think people your age want to hear about
- Identifying what can be done better to support young people’s mental health in your area and across Hampshire.
The Wellbeing Board offers a great opportunity to genuinely influence decision making at Southern Health whilst also seeing your feedback and ideas incorporated into actions across a major health provider. It is also a great opportunity to meet other like-minded people who have an active interest in health as well as providing a great talking point on your CV and future university applications.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in then make sure you apply before 1 November 2020. You can apply here.
The meeting dates for the next few months are as follows (dates are subject to change and finalised dates will be communicated via email)
- Monday 9 November, 4pm - 6pm via zoom
- Monday 7 December, 4pm - 6pm via zoom
- Monday 18 January, 4pm - 6pm via zoom
Please note that under 18's will need a parent or guardian to fill in a consent form before taking part.
If you have any questions about taking part please email event coordinator Larissa: firstname.lastname@example.org