Musculoskeletal physiotherapy teams work with patients who have problems with their muscles, joints and musculoskeletal pains. This includes injuries or conditions affecting your:
We offer a number of treatments for people referred to us by GPs or Orthopeadic Choice.
Who is this service for?
We provide a service for people with a variety of health problems or conditions. These can typically include:
- A recent injury, such as whiplash, knee strain or sprained ankle
- Surgery, such as knee replacement, ligament reconstruction or shoulder surgery
- Soft tissue problems,such as after a fall
How we can help
We will carry out an assessment to determine the best way of helping you manage your health problem. Some ways of help include:
- Assessing the cause of your health problem and what factors might be causing it, or making it worse.
- Restoring your confidence by helping improve your movement
- Educating you about healthy living, especially with exercise and activity
- Providing advice on work, leisure and daily living
- Relieving pain and muscle spasm
- Promoting healing of an injury
- Restoring movement to your joints
- Helping correct muscle weakness or imbalance
Our physiotherapists use a range of techniques and approaches in order to assess you as an individual and guide your rehabilitation. These may include the use of targeted and progressive exercises alongside physical techniques including mobilisation.
We aim to ensure that the treatment you receive is tailored both to your individual problem and the mutually agreed goals that you would like to achieve.
Get access to this service
Contact your GP or other health professional to request a referral to our service.