Informizely customer feedback surveys

[Skip to content]

Southern Health 70 years of the NHS; 1948 - 2018
Search our Site


A clinician speaks to a patient about diabetes

Who is our service for?

You will normally manage your diabetes with the support of your GP or practice nurse. However, if you have poor control of your sugar (glycaemic) levels, or have diabetes related complications you may require additional support from our service. 

Your annual diabetes review will take place with your GP and practice nurse. If you, or your care team, have any concerns following this review, they can make a referral to our service.

We don’t provide services for pregnant women, children or people using insulin pumps. If you fall into these categories, your GP will advise you on the services available to you.

Get access to this service

You can request a referral through your GP, or other healthcare professional. You can also refer yourself to our service by completing our self-referral form and posting or emailing it to us.

How we can help

We help support you, your family and carers by providing education and guidance on managing diabetes. We also provide educational support for primary care staff, such as GPs or practice nurses.

Our team includes consultants, diabetes specialist nurses and specialist dietitians.

We run free courses for people with Type 1 and 2 diabetes across South West Hampshire. These courses can help you to learn more about your condition and manage it more effectively. It’s also an opportunity to meet other people with diabetes and to ask questions or voice concerns.

Find out more about our Type 1 and Type 2 education.

I would like to:

Contact us

Long Term Condition Centre
Fenwick 2
Pikes Hill
SO43 7NG

023 8028 6401


023 8028 6407