We are really keen to provide people with a variety of opportunities to get involved with our work and put them in the driving seat so they can let us know what they’d like to do and how much time they can give.
There are many different ways to be involved in improving and shaping our services.
If you are interested in issues related to carers, you may wish to specifically contribute to Southern Health's local carers groups.
- Become a member of our Foundation Trust
- Volunteering is a great way to become involved with the trust
- Brighterway Charity
- Join the Families First Group - see information below for further details
- Join the Working in Partnership Committee - see information below for further details
- Join one of our Carer Support Groups - see information below for further details, or contact your local team to enquire about their support groups, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Below is some information about local and national consultations where you can get involved and have your say:
NEW! Business case for a Patient and Carer Advice and Liaison Service (PALs)
Within the Patient and Public Engagement team, we are developing a business case for a PALs service within the Trust. The purpose of the PALs team is to pick up the support and advice for patients, their families and carers who have concerns or problems within our Trust services but would prefer not to go down the formal complaints route. Alternatively, people may just wish to share their experiences with us. The PALs team will be a group of staff who are impartial, supportive and empathetic to the needs of patients and carers within the Trust. We are looking for comments, thoughts and feedback from our staff, patients, carers and the public in the form of a SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats). To share your thoughts, please visit the following link to our ideas board https://ideaboardz.com/for/Patient%20and%20Carers%20Advice%20and%20Liaison%20Service/3337597 To add your comments, click the little green + symbol next to the relevant section. Deadline for comments: 25th September 2020.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us to aid with our business case.