- Blood tests:
Please note, we no longer operate a walk-in service.
Phlebotomy services are now appointment only system to enable social distancing and reduce waiting times for patients. Patients can choose where and when they have their blood test. Appointments can be made by GPs, outpatient clinics or by patients.
The number to make appointments is 023 8120 4877 Monday-Friday 8am-6pm.
All patients should bring their blood form with them to the appointment, as the Phlebotomist may not be able to print it for them.
Phlebotomy services are available at the following locations
- Romsey Hospital: Tuesday: 9am -11.30am and 12.30pm - 3pm , Saturday: 9am-12pm
- Southampton General Hospital (C Level, Laboratory Block) Monday -Friday: 8am-4.45pm
The blood test service for children at Southampton General Hospital take place in the Butterfly Room, C level, Monday to Friday 8.30 and 11am, and 2pm and 5pm. 16 and 17 year olds may visit the adult blood test service instead if they prefer – but they have to book an appointment and bring their form with them
More information on Children’s blood tests can be found at https://www.uhs.nhs.uk/OurServices/Childhealth/Childrensoutpatientdepartment/Childrens-blood-tests.aspx
Blood tests are now also provided at local GP surgeries. To contact your local service please phone your surgery or visit New Forest Healthcare's website
- CT scanner
- Elective day case and short stay surgery
- Endoscopy - 01590 663310
- Deepleap Ward - Stroke Rehabilitation Unit - 01590 663331
- Longbeech 1 Ward - 01590 663420
- Longbeech 2 Ward - 01590 663440
- Wilverley Ward - Rehabilitation - 01590 663400
- Medical Assessment Unit - 01590 663073
- Frailty support team - 01590 663257
- Inpatient therapy service - 01590 663464
- Lymington Integrated Care Team - 0300 121 0471
- Lymington MSK Physiotherapy - 01590 663230
Ward visiting times are between 11am and 8pm. Two visitors per bed at a time please. If you would like to visit outside these hours, please ask the nurse in charge.
Please note, we aim for quiet mealtimes and rest times, staff will be able to advise when these are. Sometimes staff may have to ask you to leave due to clinical reasons, we really appreciate your support with this.
A car park is available for patients and visitors. There is a charge for parking.
Ampress Park, Wellworthy Road, Lymington, Hampshire, SO41 8QD
A cafe and vending machines are available at the hospital.
League of Friends
The League of Friends of Lymington New Forest Hospital provide extra care and amenities for the patients and staff at the hospital. Speak to representatives at the hospital itself, or visit the website here: www.lymingtonhospitalfriends.org
There is a dedicated part-time Chaplain.