Six steps to problem solving
Once we've identified the problem, we can prepare to solve it.
This is a general approach that is useful in solving most sorts of problems:
- Step 1 Identify and Select the Problem
- Step 2 Analyze the Problem
- Step 3 Generate Potential Solutions
- Step 4 Select and Plan the Solution
- Step 5 Implement the Solution
- Step 6 Evaluate the Solution
If your solution didn't work, try another solution from step 3 and have another go.
Download your own problem solving skills handout for detailed information and advice on how to develop your problem solving skills.