They support children and young people with disabilities to access their education in partnership with health professionals and other agencies.
Special School Nurses can advise on:
- Developing individual care plans for children or young people to meet children’s individual needs
- Training for school staff
- Medicine management in schools
- Transition to adult services
- A child or young person’s continence needs
Hampshire Local Offer
Hampshire County Council publishes information about services that are available for children and young people from birth to 25 who have Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities. This is known as the ‘Local Offer’. The Local Offer website has been developed with parents and it contains useful material that can help children, young people and families to access local services and support that they may require. It is continually being developed and new information will be added over the coming months.
For more information around children with disabilities please look at the useful links and websites.