Informizely customer feedback surveys

[Skip to content]

Southern Health 70 years of the NHS; 1948 - 2018
Search our Site

Additional support in schools

If you have any concerns with how your child is settling in at school, speak to their class teacher.

School children working at their desks

If you have additional concerns about their learning, the school’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) will be able to advise you.

The school will be able to see how best to support your child to overcome any problems.

Some children will need to be referred to other professionals if they have additional difficulties. For instance children with coordination difficulties may need to be referred to a Community Paediatrician. Your School Nurse or GP will be able to advise you about this.

Parent Partnership Services offer information advice and support to parents and carers of children and young people with special educational needs

Find out more:

Our services

School Nursing

Useful websites

NHS Choices (dyslexia)

NHS Choices (dyspraxia)

NHS Choices (education and learning disabilities) (supporting children with special educational needs)

Dyspraxia Foundation

British Dyslexia Association

Dyslexia Action

ADHD Society