The People Participation Team is here to support those who use our services to have their say.
It's about team work, partnership and listening, so that we can provide the best services for the people we for care for. That’s why your voice is so important.
There are many different ways in which you can be involved in the work and development of Southern Health. Whether you want to be linked into updates or get involved in service developments, these pages provide all the key information you will need.
How do I get in touch?
Click here to contact the people participation team
How you feel about your care is really important to us, and we use your feedback to celebrate good work, and improve what is not so good.
People who are involved in their care report that they have a better experience, and can have better personal outcomes too and those who become involved in improving the services they receive often feel a sense of achievement and pride in the work that they do.
Our service users and carers have helped us to:
- Develop information for others
- Make our clinical environments more friendly
- Redesign how services are delivered
- Teach at recovery colleges
- Write job descriptions and interview applicants for staff positions
- help gain feedback
and so much more
Ways in which getting involved can help you:
- Involvement in your care and treatment can increase self-esteem, improve your outcomes and increase people’s satisfaction with services
- Involvement in services can lead to enhanced quality of care, improved relationships between staff and patients, and improved outcomes for you as you gain new skills, confidence and support others)
- Involvement in planning, commissioning and governance can improve information and access for you as well as other patients.