Dr Nick Broughton, Chief Executive
- joined the Trust in November 2017 as Chief Executive.
- was previously Chief Executive at Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
- a psychiatrist by background and has worked as a Consultant in Forensic Psychiatry since 2000.
- graduated from Cambridge University in 1989 and completed his medical training at St. Thomas’ Hospital Medical School.
- trained in psychiatry in North West London.
- has worked in a wide variety of secure settings including a specialist remand service, an enhanced medium secure service for women, a remand prison and a young offenders’ institution.
- held a number of managerial positions prior to joining Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust including being Clinical Director for a forensic service and Medical Director of a large specialist mental health Trust.
January 2012 he was appointed Chair of the National Clinical Reference Group for Secure and Forensic Mental Health Services, a position he held until 2014.
was joint Clinical Director and Co-Chair of London’s Strategic Clinical Network for Mental Health and a Director of Imperial College Health Partners.