Visiting at Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust sites
As a Trust we understand how hard it has been for patients and loved ones since we made the difficult decision to stop visiting to our hospital sites. We thank everyone for their patience and understanding during this extraordinary time.
The safety of our staff, patients and their families remain of vital importance and we want to do all we can to ensure we keep them safe.
Current visitor guidance
- A maximum of two visitors from the same household are permitted per visit.
- Any visitors should be selected to reduce the number of different households visiting in order to limit risk of COVID-19 transmission.
- We have a maximum visiting time of up to 2 hours, up to 3 times a week (variations will be considered in special circumstance and need to be agreed with the nurse in charge). This needs to be facilitated within the resources of the staff on that shift, noting that there are extra procedures and space required in social distancing.
We ask that all visitors:
- Visit by appointment only, please document basic information about all visitors (name and contact details), to enable ‘Track and Trace’ if required
- Wear a face covering or face mask when they attend. If you arrive without a mask/covering staff should provide one and explain how the mask is safely worn.
- Maintain social distancing at all times.
- Clean their hands, particularly on arrival and on leaving the ward.
Please note, visiting should be encouraged to take place outside wherever possible.
Please do not visit our sites if:
you have any symptoms of COVID-19 including, a high temperature, a new or persistent cough or loss/change to your sense of smell or taste.
you feel unwell or are recovering from an illness such as flu, a heavy cold or diarrhoea /vomiting.
You may be asked ward staff about any COVID-19 symptoms (high temperature, new continuous cough or a change to their normal sense of taste and smell) before you enter the hospital.
You may also be asked if you have been in contact with anyone displaying these symptoms in the last 14 days or asked to self-isolate. If the answer is yes to either of these questions, visiting will not be permitted.
You may be asked if you are shielding from COVID-19. Visiting extremely vulnerable patients should be discouraged unless exceptional circumstances.
Please respect our staff and their requests. They are here to help and keep you safe. We have a zero tolerance policy to aggressive or violent behaviour.