The Appointment Committee is chaired by Lynne Hunt, Trust Chair. Membership is made up of Governors and the Trust Chair, and its role is to:
- ensure that there is a formal, rigorous and transparent procedure for the selection of the candidates for office as Chair or Non-Executive Director of the Trust;
- ensure that any search for candidates for the role of Chair or Non-Executive Director is conducted against objective criteria and with due regard for the benefits of diversity on the Board and the requirements of the Trust;
- prepare and review the description of the role and capabilities required for the Non-Executive Directors, including the Chair;
- agree the timetable and action plan for appointment;
- identify and nominate candidates for the Chair or Non-Executive Director roles and making recommendations to the Council of Governors as to potential candidates for appointment as Chair or Non-Executive Directors, as the case may be;
- regularly review, in conjunction with the Board of Directors’ Nominations & Remuneration Committee, the structure, size and composition of the Board of Directors; and
- Consider and make recommendations to the Council of Governors as to the remuneration and allowances and other terms and conditions of office of the Chair and other Non-Executive Directors.