Welcome to the News and Views hub. Here you will find the latest news from across Southern Health, links to our social media and blogs from our staff on key health related topics.
To find out more or to contact the Communications Team please e-mail us.
Please note we are available for enquiries from journalists and members of the media from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Twitter - @Southern_NHSFT
- Facebook - @SouthernHealthNHS
- Instagram - @southernhealth_nhsft
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/southern-health-nhs-foundation-trust
- Medium - https://communications-76797.medium.com/
- Success of the Individual Placement and Support service, by Paul Draycott
- Blurring boundaries between 'health' and 'housing' by Jon Pritchard
- Proud to be an Ally by Paul Draycott
- The Magic of Eid ul Fitr by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- COVID-19 – a year in the role of IPC by Jacky Hunt IPC lead nurse
- The spirit of Ramadan by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- Our response to the Government report on race and ethnic disparity by Paul Draycott
- International Women’s Day - leading by example
- COVID-19 vaccine – our responsibility as NHS workers by Dr Karl Marlowe
If you would like to contact the Media and Communications Team please email: email@example.com
Our inbox is constantly monitored during working hours (9am – 5pm weekdays) and we will respond to you as quickly as possible. If you need to contact the team out of hours you can call: 07017029238
Please note: This number is only for use, between the hours of 5pm and 9am.
We ask that Journalists and members of the media contact the Media Team in the first instance and do not approach our front line staff directly.
If you would like to film or take photos of one of our services or sites, please speak to the team first. This is to protect the privacy of our patients and staff.
Mental health reporting
Journalists looking for information on the most appropriate ways of reporting emotional crises or mental health issues - including suicide - may like to refer to the guidelines by the Samaritans which are supported by most media organisations and professional bodies.
Getting mental health help and support this summer
Our Medical Director, Dr Steve Tomkins, talks about the pressures we have faced over the pandemic and how you can get help and support for your mental health this summer.
Cherry Ward opens at Parklands Hospital
We have created a new 18 bed ward for females with acute mental health needs, at Parklands Hospital in Basingstoke. This will ensure people living in Hampshire will get the much needed care they require closer to home.
Join our older people’s mental health network on 3 August and help shape future services
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust’s Older People’s Mental Health service are looking for people over 65 living with mental health problems and their carers to join a new special network to help shape the future services for our ageing population, with the first meeting being held virtually on Tuesday 3 August.
Nominations to become a Southern Health Public or Staff Governor are now open!
Do you want to have more of a say in helping to shape local healthcare services in your local community? If so, a role as a Public or Staff Governor at Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust could be the right challenge for you.