Welcome to the News and Views hub. Here you will find the latest news from across Southern Health, links to our social media and blogs from our staff on key health related topics.
To find out more or to contact the Communications Team please call us on 023 8087 4666 or e-mail us.
Please note we are available for enquiries from journalists and members of the media from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm.
- Twitter - @Southern_NHSFT
- Facebook - @SouthernHealthNHS
- Instagram - @southernhealth_nhsft
- Linkedin – https://www.linkedin.com/company/southern-health-nhs-foundation-trust
- Medium - https://communications-76797.medium.com/
- Blurring boundaries between 'health' and 'housing' by Jon Pritchard
- Proud to be an Ally by Paul Draycott
- The Magic of Eid ul Fitr by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- COVID-19 – a year in the role of IPC by Jacky Hunt IPC lead nurse
- The spirit of Ramadan by Dr Kharrum Sadiq
- Our response to the Government report on race and ethnic disparity by Paul Draycott
- International Women’s Day - leading by example
- COVID-19 vaccine – our responsibility as NHS workers by Dr Karl Marlowe
We are currently home working, please email us with your contact number if you would like us to call you. Email: email@example.com The email inbox is checked regularly during our opening hours. We will respond to you as quickly as possible
We ask that Journalists and members of the media contact the Media Team in the first instance and do not approach our front line staff directly.
If you would like to film or take photos of one of our services or sites, please speak to the team first. This is to protect the privacy of our patients and staff.
Mental health reporting
Journalists looking for information on the most appropriate ways of reporting emotional crises or mental health issues - including suicide - may like to refer to the guidelines by the Samaritans which are supported by most media organisations and professional bodies.
Cherry Ward opens at Parklands Hospital
We have created a new 18 bed ward for females with acute mental health needs, at Parklands Hospital in Basingstoke. This will ensure people living in Hampshire will get the much needed care they require closer to home.
Join our older people’s mental health network on 3 August and help shape future services
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust’s Older People’s Mental Health service are looking for people over 65 living with mental health problems and their carers to join a new special network to help shape the future services for our ageing population, with the first meeting being held virtually on Tuesday 3 August.
Nominations to become a Southern Health Public or Staff Governor are now open!
Do you want to have more of a say in helping to shape local healthcare services in your local community? If so, a role as a Public or Staff Governor at Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust could be the right challenge for you.