Aim of the Service
We aim to improve your physical fitness, help with strategies to improve your quality of life and manage your condition effectively.
Get access to this service
Your GP surgery will have access to referring you for Pulmonary Rehabilitation either via the Practice Nurse or the GP. You will usually need to have been diagnosed with COPD.
We currently run groups in Leisure Centres and Community Halls in Winchester, Ringwood, Bursledon, Eastleigh, Hythe, Milford-on-Sea, Lymington and Andover.
How we can help
We run an 8 week exercise course for individuals with varying abilities and requirements. We can adapt the programme to all levels of function.
We also have Information Sessions at the end of each exercise group covering the following topics:
- Nature of the Condition / Anatomy and Physiology
- Benefits of Exercise
- Stop Smoking
- Breathing Control / Chest Clearance
- Infection & Self Management (Energy Conservation)
- Coping Skills & Relaxation
- Healthy Eating
- Respiratory Drugs & Inhaler Techniques
- Benefits & The Living Will