Who is this service for?
We help adults of all ages who may be experiencing a range of different health problems, conditions or injuries relating to their feet or lower legs.
Some of the people we typically help include:
- People who may be more susceptible to problems with their feet or lower limbs, such as patients with diabetes
- Dancers and people who play regular sport
- People needing advice and information on caring for their feet
- People at risk of complications or injury
Get access to this service
Contact your GP or health professional to request a referral to this service.
We offer Podiatry services at several Community Hospitals in Hampshire, including Andover War Memorial, Fleet, Romsey and Alton.
This service may be provided by other NHS Trust's at your local hospital.
How we can help
Our podiatry teams can assess, diagnose and provide treatment for a range of problems and conditions. We also provide advice and information on good foot health. Some of ways we can help include:
- Assessing and treating conditions such as heel pain or sports injuries
- Examination of the way you walk to identify any causes of pain (known as pressure gait analysis)
- Provide you with specialist equipment or accessories, such as insoles to control the position of your foot
- Treatment of skin conditions, such as corns, calluses, fungal, bacterial and viral infections
- Nail surgery for ingrowing toenails
- Managing wounds or ulcers on your foot
- Specialist care for patients experiencing chronic, long-term foot problems
- Toenail cutting for patients who may be at risk of complications or causing harm to themselves