Who is this service for?
We help adults of all ages who may be experiencing a range of different health problems, conditions or injuries relating to their feet or lower legs.
Some of the people we typically help include:
- People who may be more susceptible to problems with their feet or lower limbs, such as patients with diabetes
- Dancers and people who play regular sport
- People needing advice and information on caring for their feet
- People at risk of complications or injury
Get access to this service
Contact your GP or health professional to request a referral to this service.
We offer Podiatry services at several Community Hospitals in Hampshire, including Andover War Memorial, Chase and Alton.
We also provide services in Basingstoke, Eastleigh, Tadley & Winchester
This service may be provided by other NHS Trust's at your local hospital.
How we can help
Our podiatry teams can assess, diagnose and provide treatment for a range of problems and conditions. We also provide advice and information on good foot health. Some of ways we can help include:
- Assessing and treating conditions such as heel pain or sports injuries
- Examination of the way you walk to identify any causes of pain (known as pressure gait analysis)
- Provide you with specialist equipment or accessories, such as insoles to control the position of your foot
- Treatment of skin conditions, such as corns, calluses, fungal, bacterial and viral infections
- Nail surgery for ingrowing toenails
- Managing wounds or ulcers on your foot
- Specialist care for patients experiencing chronic, long-term foot problems
- Toenail cutting for patients who may be at risk of complications or causing harm to themselves