Our free course is designed to help you successfully manage your diabetes. With practical advice and information, the course runs for four days spread over four consecutive weeks.
During the sessions we look at how you can adjust your insulin doses in keeping with the food you’re eating and your lifestyle.
Who is the course for?
This course is for adults who have Type 1 diabetes who are using rapid acting insulin with meals and a long acting insulin.
The purpose of the course is to teach you how to take control of your diabetes. This includes information and advice on how to cope with the day-to-day decisions about insulin doses with food choices, activity levels and your lifestyle.
The aims of the course are to:
- Provide you with up-to-date information about diabetes
- Give you the opportunity to learn more about carbohydrate in food and drink
- Help you understand how to adjust insulin to match your food
- Give you the chance to learn from others with Type 1 diabetes
- Provide an opportunity to ask questions and discuss diabetes with your health care team
How do I access the course?
You will need to request a referral from your GP or health professional to access the course. You will then be added to a waiting list and we will send you available dates, times and venues.
Once you have decided where and when you would like to attend, we will book you a place on the course.
We will notify your GP once you’ve completed the course.