Member of Child Health Team
The data we record is provided by midwives, paediatricians, health visitors, school nurses and GPs. We work closely with NHS England, Hampshire County Council and Public Health England.
Our responsibilities are to:
- Create a child health record for each newborn baby on our Electronic Patient Record system.
- Record outcomes of the 72 hour Newborn Infant Physical Examination.
- Record outcomes of babies 6-8 week health reviews.
- Invite children for immunisations at their GP practice or immunisation centre.
- Obtain or transfer health visiting and school nursing records for children moving in and out of Hampshire.
- Record newborn bloodspot screening results.
- Write to parents, after their child has been weighed and measured at school as part of the National Child Measurement Programme.
Child Health Information Service Portsmouth is moving! Download the leaflet!