Life priorities can help you maintain direction and provide a reason to persist through difficult times.
"Experiencing mental health problems is not a reason to give up on dreams and aspirations. Many people who have experienced mental health problems have gone on to achieve great things, live satisfying lives and contribute greatly to society." Dr Ben Frayne
Ask yourself what is important to you in your life. Then set yourself some small goals to take you a step closer to where you want to be.
- Intimate Relationships,
- Friends/Social Life,
- Community Life,
- Physical Self-Care (diet/exercise/sleep),
- The Environment (caring for the planet),
- Aesthetics (art, music, literature, beauty)
Your life priorities
- What are your dreams, aspirations?
- What are you working towards?
- What do you want to be about?
- What do you want your life to stand for? How would you like your life to be summarised?
- When have you felt most alive? What were you doing?
- What could you do to make a difference in your life?
- What could you do to give your life more meaning?