The responsibility for individuals within the organisation is equally as important, and this is where ‘Diversity Champions’ are critical, because they can push for achieving equality of opportunity and valuing diversity.
Diversity champions are those people who have challenged themselves to demonstrate excellence in their approach to actively support the equality and diversity agenda within the Trust.
Diversity Champions should:
- Treat others with dignity and respect
- Create a positive work environment
- Place a high value on diversity and fairness
- Ensure that their behaviours and decisions are not prejudiced or biased
- Remove any barriers that may impede on progress around equality and diversity issues
- Challenge and overcome obstacles in mainstreaming equality and diversity issues
- To take part in Equality and Diversity events and promotions